Sunday, October 15, 2006

Moomins!

This is Moomintroll. He's a character in a series by Tove Jansson. Isn't he cute? He's in love with The Snork Maiden (see below). They're in a series of zany children's books that I discovered sometime when I was a kid. Then I remembered them and bought the lot of them on Amazon a year or so ago. I just really love the art, and the stories, and the translation. I also really want to live in a Moominhouse - they're round and blue and have rope ladders out all the windows so you don't have to walk downstairs. My house has no rope ladders whatsoever. The characters have great names like the Fillyjonk and Bob and Thingummy. Translated from Swedish, of course.


You can tell which one the Snork Maiden is because she has bangs.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

How adorable! I've never heard of that series. I think I'll look into it. :)