Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Soul 2 Soul II

So on August 2nd, 2006, the beautiful Raissa took me to Soul 2 Soul II: Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. I was very excited, but I did not expect to love it as much as I did. They are so cute! I'm holding out for that, sorry boys. That's my new relationship to compare things to. He always knew exactly where she was onstage, even when she was behind him, and couldn't keep his hands or his eyes off her (in a cute way). They are so, so obviously in love.

This is off a bridge looking over the Pepsi Center parking lot and Elitches.





Here's a pic of the inside of the Pepsi Center. I somehow have managed not to be inside it since it was built, and I must say that it very large and impressive. We were pretty far up, but it was still great.





The first song they sang is called Like We Never Loved at All, and I now have it memorized. I'm going to make someone learn the guy part so I can sing it at The Reef some Wednesday night. Such a great song. The stage was a big cross with equal arms, and they came up on round hydraulics singing - first Faith Hill with her intro solo, and then Tim McGraw followed when he started.





I really love this picture because of the way the light is refracting and the way the heads give perspective so you can tell how huge the Pepsi Center really is.





I spent a good amount of my time a) singing along or b) getting irrationally excited about the stage, musical variations, lights, scrims, etc. Hello, my name is Lisa and I am a performance nerd. This picture is of another light display on the stage:





I highly recommend seeing them in concert if you ever get the chance. And I'm a tough crowd.

"Take Jimmy Johnson, take Tommy Thompson, take my best friend Beau. Take anybody that you want as long as she don't go. Take any boy in the world, but Daddy please, don't take the girl . . ." Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw.

No comments: