Friday, October 06, 2006

Glutton for Punishment


During the month of November, I will be writing 50,000 words in 30 days. Yes, I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this year! As everyone has been telling me since I was about eight, I really should go ahead and write a book. Or like ten books. And having read quite a few books that have for some God awful reason actually been published, I think you may have a point. I can do better than that.

I have therefore created an account at Nanowrimo's website, and I have learned some interesting things.


1) Some of the people who participate in this are mildly frightening. This is based solely off of pictures of them, but these are pictures they voluntarily uploaded. And they are a bit scary.

2) Most of the people who participate in NaNoWriMo are between 14 and 35, with the bulk being 19-35. I had high hopes that this might lead to a writerly romance with a tall, dark, and handsome fellow, but alas . . .

3) The participants are 56% heterosexual female and

4) 70% female overall.

Well crap.

But I'm still writing 50,000 words in 30 days! You are allowed to talk to me about this only if you are going to be supportive and kind. If you're going to go "Snigger, snigger, 50,000 words in 30 days, yeah right, no way, I bet it will be crap anyway" then you're a poopy head and I can't speak to you until after November 30th. Possibly not even then, either, because December is my favorite month of the year and you just might make it less wonderful. Mmm, December . . .

2 comments:

Jennie said...

*looks at the calendar* Hmm...November 2, huh? So, what's up, Lisa?

Melinda said...

Hey girl! How's your novel coming along? :)