Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ok . . . Uggs are cool.


So . . . I bought these last winter up at Copper. In my defense, the only other thing I had the option of wearing at the time were my Lange Comps. Which made these unbelievably fluffy and comfortable slippers even better. The more visually acute among you may note that there is a faint name on the slipper . . . yes, they are Uggs. But they are totally cuter than most Uggs! Plus the abovementioned Unusual Circumstances. So I walked off in them. In the $60 slippers. But the $60 slippers have tread on the bottom so that you can, in fact, wear them to work. Not that I have ever done this. Ever.

However, I valiantly held off on buying boots for some time, since they're more than twice as expensive. I did figure out that I wanted Ultimate Shorts in Chestnut, but I figured I would wait until summer when they went on sale. Newsflash: Uggs never go on sale. At least not the cute normal colors. So I caved a week ago and bought them with my new shiny Nordies card, and they are amazing. I have not taken them off since I put them on. I get changed into pjs and then I put them back on, and then I ponder whether I can sleep in them (so far I have not). Yes, these are exboritantly expensive shoes, but I'm telling you here and now, you are going to wear them more than anything else you own. And they hold up really well! And don't ever smell or itch or anything! Or get too hot! It's just amazing.

Dear surfers in Australia who first thought of these,

I love you very much.

Sincerely,
Lisa


No comments: