Monday, January 26, 2009

Armadillidiidae



Yes, that is spelled correctly, and no, I did not make it up. You will no doubt be delighted to learn, as I was, that that Armadillidae is the family name for roly polies!!! Or pill bugs! How great is that? Really great. Yeah. It's a fun world.

What else. I went to Sundance. That deserves it's own entry or entries, but for now I will summarize and say that we saw The September Issue, a documentary about Vogue's Fall 2007 issue and more specifically Grace Coddington and Anna Wintour. Anna Wintour is the editor of Vogue and is the inspiration behind the title character in the novel and movie The Devil Wears Prada. Grace Coddington is the creative director of Vogue, and is incredibly gifted. The photographs above are from a couture shoot in Paris she styled for the September 2007 issue. It was a highly entertaining film and I recommend it.

Ok, I am going to go ahead and publish this now because I wrote it a few days ago and want to get it out. But more on Sundance to come!

No comments: