Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right . . .


"How about a magic trick? I'm going to make a pencil disappear . . ." Oh, what a great scene. So marvelous. I found that bit hilarious, which may indicate that I am all dark and twisty inside.

Confession: I am mostly writing this blog entry because I wanted to use the title. I've been playing around with the iTunes Genius function and it's just great. Keeps throwing stuff at me that I love to hear on the radio but never remember to add to my collection. Of course, the genius had its first major fumble today as well - I created a playlist based off of John Lennon's Imagine and it put a Britney Spears song on there. I think it was Lucky. The genius still needs some socializing.

In other news, my DVR is stubbornly resisting recording new House episodes, and I keep forgetting that it is failing to perform its one function in life, and I keep having to watch them online. This is generally through something called MegaVideo which likes to click me through to AdultFriendFinder and shows me pictures of busty women who desperately need makeovers. It's annoying. But that PI on the show is so yummy! Mmm, yummy. Also - House as a cheerleader = priceless.

I have a very clever idea for an Etsy shop. I'm not revealing it on the interwebs yet, but oh, is it clever. I've locked in a store name and a gmail account, so we shall see soon! I'm excited. I want to see if I can have more than one shop - I know they each need a separate e-maill adress but I don't know if they crosscheck other stuff too. I'd like to keep this brand separate from my other ideas. It's just too clear of an idea to muddy with other crazy thoughts. Can you imagine if I actually managed to make some money on Etsy? How random and how great would that be? I never even considered such a thing, but this just might sell.

Today in my Planning Issues and Processes class we were discussing transit, and the group leading the discussion asked if the congestion in LA was as bad as it was in the 70s (yes) and asked what alternatives there were. A clever guy at the back of the room was like, "Yes, the alternative is called Colorado and Texas." Oh California, you crack me up. Now go home. I keed, I keed. But seriouslt, the number of incredibly thoughtful and intelligent people in the program is amazing and humbling. I've got a lot to learn! I'm going to do a little mini-project this week for my methods class and sit outside various Whole Foods and King Soopers and see how many people leave with reusable bags vs. plastic or paper. I wonder what I will find? I'm thinking the Boulder Whole Foods, S. Boulder King Soopers, Superior Whole Foods, and Louisville King Soopers. I have like 4 days, so yeah. I could do something up at RMNP tomorrow instead, like maybe interview elk. "Hello, Mr. Bull Elk. Is the bugling getting you any? How do the ladies like your rack? In humans it's the ladies who have the racks, har har. Oh, just a little people humor, sorry." Yeah, I think doing something with the elk might be more wildlife study than planning oriented.

I will leave you with this moment of zen, and the inspiration for the foray into the hills. Pic is from the Folks Fest in Lyons this summer.

No comments: