Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Websites and Applications


This is a handprinted relief print by an artist on Etsy.com. I laughed for about a minute when I found it. Unfortunately it was sold out, but don't you worry - there is a LOT of really cool stuff on this site, and most of it is bizarrely affordable as well. For those of you unfamiliar with the site, eveything on it is handmade. Crazy fun! Thanks to Jennie for enabling me to spend lots of time ogling and drooling.

And thanks to Tanya for introducing me to zenhabits, a great resource for cultivating all those positive habits we wish we had and actually achieving goals. And setting goals. Etc.

Speaking of goals, I need to apply to grad school! Like now! Oops!

I'm freaking out, man. Note: I quoted this last night to my LSAT students and added in "These schnozberries taste like schnozberries" and "Uh - do we sell litercola?" and NO ONE GOT IT. This is what is wrong with the youth of today. A tragic lack of film lit.

Anyway, I need to get rec letters, write an essay, fill out forms, find my tax info, do the FAFSA, have a heart attack . . . and ideally all by October 1st - hahahahaha - but definitely by October 15th. Oh, and I take the GRE September 30th, which I'm sure I will do fine on, but I'd kind of like to destroy and emerge all victorious. Picture me as River and the GRE as the Reavers. That is what I am going for. Also I am trying to have some kind of social life and work out. I think maybe I want to try to be a runner and try to yoga every day. Crazy? Maybe, but I remember what it felt like to just be able to run, and it rocked. Also, doing yoga helps me be more productive and blisses my brain out, and I love that feeling too. Plus the continued quest toward being in shape.

I miss everyone far away. I dunno if you guys read this, but I think you should and then start blogs of your own if you don't have them.

Love and kisssies!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I'm so impressed with your motivation! Can I have some? (Yeah, I still haven't worked out since we moved here...yikes.)