Sunday, September 28, 2008

Running!

I just had a running breakthrough! The route I've been trying to run is off my back deck, around the townhouses to Greenbriar, up to Lehigh, right on Julliard, and up Gillaspie, back to Greenbriar, and around to the back deck again. It looks like this and is about 2.2 miles long. Now, normally (as in every other time) I can run for maybe 2-3 minutes and then have to stop, mostly due to: a) graying out and eventually tunnel vision b) feeling like I need more air c) stabbing sharp pain in right side and/or shoulder d) all of the above and a loss the will to live.

But today - oh today. Let me tell you about today. I ran off the back deck and over to Redstone Lane - without stopping. Which is about a mile. I walked for about a minute and then ran around and started down Julliard which is when the stitch set in, annoying. Supposedly that's caused by your liver being pulled on by the diaphragm and the shoulder is deferred nerve pain. I tried doing some really deep breathing, like for crazy arias, and it died down! Everyone try that. Anyway, I then proceeded to run up Gillaspie and back to my house without stopping. Who knew I could do that??? Not me. I should note that I was running pretty damn slow, but I normally run slow! AND stop! So there. Watch out, I'm gonna do a 5k sometime soon, nothing to it. And then a 10k. And then, Pinky, we'll do what we always do - try to take over the world.

And this is the outfit I wore while running. So hot. I think it helped me keep going due to the extreme embarassment factor.

Nah, this is actually when I went rafting on the the Upper Arkansas with Meredith! Granite, Pine Creek and the Numbers, technical Category Vs in paddle boats. Yum yum. Want to go back and do those babies in high water! Anyway, the pic portrays my current mental state pretty well.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That is so awesome. I'm way impressed and jealous!

Unknown said...

Hooray hooray hooray! I know the route exactly. :) I am so proud...you are turning into a runner!