Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Predictions

Well, I am only 4 hours and 30 minutes away from holding the book in my hands, and I'm officially going insane. Argh. Ok, here's what I predict:


1)Dumbledore is really dead, this isn't Lord of the Rings.

2)RAB is Regulus Black.

3)Either Kreacher or Mundungus Fletcher has the Slytherin locket Horcrux; if I had to bet, I'd bet on Kreacher.

4) Peter Pettigrew will die, but will first kill Fenrir Greyback, thus fulfilling his life-debt to Harry.

5) Snape will die in the final moments by turning coat and giving Harry the opportunity to kill Voldemort/killing Voldemort and sacrificing himself.

6) Harry is not a Horcrux, but he WAS one up until Voldy used him to come back in Book 4. Thus, Dumbledore's much discussed "look of triumph" in Book 4. Nagini was likely the replacement.

7) Even though Harry is not a Horcrux, I kind of do think he might have to kill himself to destroy Voldy. It's that pesky "neither can live while the other survives" thing that makes me think that, plus keeping him alive is bit ludicrous. A lot of people have died to get him this far, after all. Then again, it would kind of destroy the franchise, no?

8) If Ginny eats it, that indicates that Harry is DEFINITELY about to die.

9) If Percy comes back around and apologizes for being an idiot, he's going to die.

10) Tonks and Lupin may go down together. Or any couple, really.

11) McGonagall will die.

12) Hagrid won't die.

13) Neville very easily might die - ruh-roh. However, if he does he will take Bellatrix with him (and maybe Rudolphus too).

14) Fawkes and Dobby will be integral to the Great Easter Egg Hunt - oh wait, I mean Horcrux Hunt . . .

15) I'm totally freaked out that the twins are going to get knocked off - remember how they threw snowballs at Quirrell's turban??? And I refuse to believe that the Weasleys will escape with just Bill mauled, and maybe Percy dead.

16) I think Ron and Hermione will survive. But if one of them bites it, Harry's doomed.

17) The reason Snape came over to the good side was because he was in love with Lily. His mother loved him, as Harry's loved him, and Narcissa loves Malfoy . . . see? And Love triumphs over Evil! Being the one who revealed the prophecy to Voldy and thus caused Lily's death changed Snape forever. This is also why Voldy did not want to kill Lily, which was highly uncharacteristic of him, given that he didn't care who he killed and she was Muggle-born. Of course, Dumbledore could not tell anyone this, as only he and Snape are good enough at Occlumency to keep Voldy from reading their minds . . . and so everyone must believe he is evil incarnate.

18) Some giants will come over to the good side. The bad ones may desert Voldy in his hour of need.

19) Actually, there will be a lot of general desertion of Voldy, since he rules through fear.

20) Yeah, I know, but I still like Harry as the Heir of Gryffindor. Has Rowling discounted this already, though? It's all those red and gold sparks he keeps shooting out of his wand, the fact that we know nada about his wizard family, they're all dead, Voldy is the last Slytherin, yada yada. Nice parallelism, there.

21) Somebody was under James Potter's invisibility cloak the night Harry's parents died. And Rowling says it wasn't Snape, which I always believed it was! But Dumbledore said it was left in his keeping by James . . . so was Dumbledore under the cloak? And let Lily and James be killed so that Harry would one day have the power to vanquish Voldy? I dunno . . . someone was there . . . I believe Peter Pettigrew was there, of course, to lead Voldy to the correct spot. But why hide under the cloak?

22) Godric's Hollow is somehow significant, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione will go there. Also Fred and George's joke shop, Grimmauld Place, Hogwarts (even if it's not open, which I can't imagine it would be), and the Dursley's. Also Azkaban - to get to Mudungus Fletcher! And with luck, Beauxbatons or Durmstrang, although Rowling won't won't to write TOO much description, it would get boring.

23) Harry will get help from/chat with Aberforth - Dumbly's brother! Yay! And he will get help from Dumbledore's Pensieve (ooh, what a nice thing to have) and perhaps from Dumbly's portrait in the headmaster's office at Hogwarts as well.

24) The fake Galleons Hermione made will be put to good use calling the Members of the DA to some final showdown . . .

25) He will not feaking become a Muggle. That would suck. More than Harry dying, honestly. You people are weird.

Ok, I'll add another post if I think of more before I head off to check out real live owls at the Boulder Bookstore. And then read my little tail off. I think it'll take me 4-5 hours to read it. Woohoo!

No comments: