Friday, June 08, 2007

Cusco

So Cusco is actually a very picturesque city, especially the main square. It has a large cathedral, several other churches,and lots of shops which have little restaurants and cafes upstairs. Last night we wandered around touristy shops which were still pretty cool because they have Peruvian handicrafts and jewelry. The jewelry is pretty cool, different from what I´ve seen elsewhere (maybe most similar to Greek jewelry, but really not the same) but still very wearable. I may cave at some point, but for now I´m being good. Today we´re meeting up with Cat´s parents and going to the Pisac market outside Cusco (at least I think it´s a market . . . it´s possible I´ve gotten my ruins and my markets crossed). The textiles there are supposed to be ridiculously diverse and beautiful and cheap, so I´m excited! It would be good to get something to put on the white walls of my house.

Ok, heading upstairs to pack to move to our hostal . . . more later!

No comments: